GEMS project aims to generate practises and tools for the upskilling of adults digital literacy resourcing an intergenerational approach. It will generate a bidirectional intergenerational learning supported by young adults who have already a good digital knowledge to teach digital contents to older adults (in a critical sense, in order to ensure a safe use of digital tools). Seniors will also teach young adults other skills, particularly soft skills (related to empathy, behavior but also history related, citizenship related and alike).
The objectives of the project are:
– to enhance the competence of adults on dealing with digital communication devices;
– to enhance an intergenerational relationship promoting cross-learning strategies for seniors and young adults;
– to leverage the competencies of adults and of adult education providers to deal with adults digital skills, enlarging their acting fields, possibilities and strategies under such domain.
GEMS will target low literate adults (30+ and elder people), particularly those who have low digital literacy or no digital literacy. It will also target youngsters who, in due regard for their higher digital literacy level, when compared to adults, might support their learning, while also profit from the adults’ areas of expertise. Beyond the direct individuals that will be targeted by the project, also Adult Education providing Institutions are included as target-groups.
Partnership consists of 6 partners from 4 European countries:
– Greece (CENTER FOR EDUCATION AND INNOVATION – InnovED)
– Portugal (APLOAD)
– Spain (GROWTHCOOP)
– Turkey (CUKUROVA KAYMAKAMLIGI, UNIVERSITY OF CUKUROVA & MESLEKI GIRISIMCILER VE TOPLUM GONULLULERI DERNEGI)
The Work Packages that will be reached are the following:
– WP1 – Project management
– WP2 – GEMS Adults Digital Literacy Tools & Learning Development
– WP3 – GEMS Adults Digital Literacy Showcase Based Learning